Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gabe's PH :(

Gabe's Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) is really slowing down the progress for going home. The doctor's are starting Gabe on a second type of medication to help relax his blood pressure in his lungs.

We learned today that PH is the most severe side effect of Chronic Lung Disease. Please pray that Gabe responds to the medication and grows out of both the PH and Lung Disease. We disparately want to see Gabe make progress and are praying for a Miracle.

Gabe also gets upset with the CPAP head gear. Everytime he moves around the mask or nose prongs push on his nose. It must be uncomfortable! The doctor's are telling us that they need to focuse on the PH before working him off of the CPAP.

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for all three of you.. I hope he can come home soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for Gabe's homecoming. He's such s cutey. We can see that he's getting bigger. How much does he weigh now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, God seems to have worked so many miracales in Gabe so far I know he will keep working them!! We are continually praying for all of you. Hope to see you soon, I feel like it has been way to long!!!

    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!!

    Joe and I are continuing to pray for little Gabe- I'm sorry you've had discouraging news lately- poor little guy with the cpap mask. :( It's so hard to see them with all that stuff on- I remember when Jack got the last of his tubes and med/picc lines weaned off, I took millions of pics. I thought Jack's little ear was going to be permanently mashed from the oxygen tube that always pulled at it and his nose. :( It was so great getting to see the little cutie patootie the other night. :) I can't imagine how hard it must be to still be there, it probably feels like your life is just on hold- we thought two months was bad. :( We're continuing to pray! Also, I'm going to try to open the blog up again. We'll see if it works this time. :) Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete