Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feeding Tube Going Well


Gabe has been doing well with the feeding tube, and is gaining around an ounce a day! Whatever he doesn't take by mouth we put down the tube, and then he has a pump going all night.

I have finally figured out his eat/sleep schedule and am enjoying my time during the day with him. He is so much fun and usually a very happy boy.

We have an appt. with a feeding team next Wed. to determine why he isn't eating well. I talked with one of the team members on the phone, and she thought from what I was telling her, it is reflux. She said that they learn to avoid the pain, by not eating much. It was an interesting conversation.

Gabe loves watching Roxy (0ur dog) play and he will sit/stand and just smile and laugh at her. Roxy has turned out to be a great baby entertainer. Gabe is so beautiful and I just feel so blessed this holiday season.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are SO blessed, he is a precious little guy!! I was so happy to get to see him the other day. He is a great baby and just melted my heart. Thank you so much for letting me come see him. You both are great parents and are doing a wonderful job!!

    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you gave your son a military haircut.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear things are going well. I'd love to come visit sometime. Let me know what days are good for you and if you mind if Lily comes.

    ReplyDelete